Re-using your about me blurb
So I know you've had a crack at writing your about me blurb, but to have to redo it every time you start up or edit a profile is a pain in the backside, not to mention time consuming, so follow these easy steps and save some time.
- Set up a word document, get your about me blurb on there from wherever your favourite one is (because often we have more than one version across social media profiles). If you are starting from scratch you can follow this simple little guide to get your started.
2. Check the word count (highlight it and check word count in tools menu)
3. Make headings for each of the social media platforms you are using
4. Check your optimum profile length for your chosen social media platform (using the infographic)
5. Make multiple copies of your blurb in your word doc under the social media platform headings you created
6. Edit your about me blurb one at a time for each platform then go to each profile and copy and paste it in.
Job done and dusted. Save your document. If you decide to update your about me page on your website be sure to edit it here first so you can update all your other platforms too. It will save you heaps of time and pain in the future.